Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Unemployed, Tired, & Above All #@$$?@!

Pardon my language but I'm really in a bind, a terrible bind! No job, little savings, and the only income I have left is the $10 a month dividend (I'm embarrassed enough to say that). With little college education and the job market filled upped or tanked, my situation is bleak. I have already paid my expenses for the month, but I really need to resolve my money woes. No more money in the bank, my house will be foreclosed, and the chance of the good life is bleak. "I don't know what to do!"

That is the story of many of my colleagues has told me for the past year. (I keep their privacy with great trust and I won't reveal any names.) They told their story about their "lack of a job" situation and how the recession has affected the industry they majored in into dire constraints. Some who did have a job and enjoyed the good life before the recession didn't prepare themselves for this. In fact few did.

As I sit here writing I noticed that the state of the economy of what I like to call to describe as the “Great Recession”. Of course not as bad as the Great Depression I like to think that people would be better off if they are prepared for the worst, or if shouldn’t call it the worst thing imaginable. What I mean is that we can recover from it just as our grandparents or great-grandparents went through. Imagine this generation going through a situation that happened over 70 years ago.

After the smoke cleared itself from all the bankruptcies, scandals, toxic assets, and all the other bad stuff people don’t want to talk about b/c they are busy trying to support themselves and others all from the greed of wall street. There is still light at the end of the tunnel and people must not give up hope just yet, if they still have a home to go to and food on the table, they are much better off than the people who have none. I remember weeks ago I gave money to a homeless man, advertising to people that he needs money from a little cardboard sign, while I was driving with my dad at an intersection. I then realize there are people who have none either take it to the streets or to the soup kitchen and swallow their pride they have lost.

Speaking of the homeless, check out this video (copy & paste) of homeless people in San Diego and the people struggling trying to keep up:

San Diego In Recession, An Envision San Diego Special Presentation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y97IQfGCVKU&feature=channel_page

No comments:

Post a Comment